Jan 082016
 

Half of the world's population

In the simple map above lies a stark spatial imbalance: half the people in the world cram into just 1 percent of the Earth’s surface, and the other half sprawl across the remaining 99 percent.

Land covers 196.9 million square miles of the planet, which is broken up into 196 countries that are home to 7.125 billion people. With so much land available on Earth you would think people are spread out evenly throughout the world – but a stunning new map reveals that isn’t the case.

Contributed By Sonia Narula

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)

Answer the following:- *