Feeling cramped or down in the dumps? Find it hard to switch off at the end of an exhausting day? Does exercise and meditation only leave your nerves jangling?
If the answer to the above is a definite yes, then we have some have great news for your stressed souls!
All you need to be armed with is some good food to fight off the stress. No, we aren’t suggesting that you eat yourself happy with a tub of ice cream but we have to agree that food can be a great stress busting mojo.
5 everyday foods piling in your kitchen cabinets that you might want to trade your mood-boosting pills with.
1) Oats: We know how stressful waking up early morn can be. Hasn’t it been researched that mornings can be the most stressful hours of the day? They should, if not! A bowl of oats and some fresh fruits finished off with a drop of honey, breakfast that will keep your mood swings and restlessness, throughout the day, in place. Oat meal boosts positive energy as it is considered to be a serotonin enhancer, a chemical that makes you happy.
2) Lentils: Cook up some home comfort and smoothen your worry lines with the ever-so versatile lentils. Lentils are packed with all types of Vitamin B, nature’s own happy pill. It helps reduce tiredness and fatigue. Lentils also stabilize the blood sugar and fire-up your energy levels. Sneak it into your diet to calm your tired muscles.
3) Banana: We know that bananas are rich Vitamin C but do you know that it a great stress fighting nutrient? It helps to repair the cell damage caused due to stress. Bananas are packed with potassium which maintains healthy heart muscles. Go ahead, grab a banana and recharge yourself!
4) Yogurt: Soothe your senses with the goodness of yogurt. Yogurt is packed with calcium which is a superstar in slashing stress. It has been studied that the ‘good bacteria’ found in yogurt helps to kill anxiety and depression. Cool down with a comforting bowl of this natural stress-cleanser.
5) Coconut: Squash the stress with coconuts. The water, the flesh, the oil or the butter, all of the coconut is trending and for good reason. Coconuts contain medium chain fats that improve our metal health and infuse positive energy. The scent of the coconut is known to have a psychological effect that helps diminish anxiety and slows our heart rate. The sweet, pleasant fragrance of the coconut augments alertness and tones down the ‘fight or flight’ response when faced with a stressful situation. Amazing, isn’t it?