Samsung has unveiled the Galaxy S III mini, a more compact version of it’s flagship device the Galaxy S III. The new 4-inch screen smartphone is likely to be cheaper than the original 4.8-inch screen Galaxy S III, although Samsung has not yet revealed the price of this new device.
Here are key features of the smartphone:
• It has a 4-inch Super AMOLED display.
• The OS is Android 4.1 aka Jelly Bean.
• Unlike the Galaxy S III which has a quad-core processor, the mini version has a dual-core processor clocked at 1GHz. It has 1 GB RAM.
The Galaxy S III mini (right) is seen next to the original Galaxy S III. Reuters
• The camera has also been scaled down from 8 megapixels in the original version to 5 megapixel. It has an auto focus feature with LED Flash, while the front camera is VGA.
• The smartphone comes in two version 8 and 16GB internal storage options. MicroSD card expansion is supported but only upto 32GB.
• The mini also has NFC and Bluetooth 4.0.
• The smartphone has 1,500 mAh battery.
Other key features of the S III that Samsung has left intact include the S Beam feature or NFC feature which will let users share files by tapping their smartphone with another Mini or a Galaxy S III or GALAXY Note II, without using the Internet.
Samsung’s version of Siri, the S Voice is also available in the Galaxy S III mini. Users can unlock their smartphone turn the volume up or down and do a whole lot more with this feature.