Oct 102012

Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 9: Beware! Next time when you want to enjoy fried chicken. Check before you eat the mouth-watering fried chicken pieces. Your food might be served along with worms. That is what has happened to a family in Kerala.

A family reportedly found worms in their fried chicken. The incident was reported from an outlet of popular fast food chain Kentucky’s Fried Chicken (KFC) in Thiruvananthapuram.

A complaint was lodged against the outlet. Based on the complaint filed against the outlet, the Food Safety Authority conducted an inspection and found that the outlet didn’t maintain adequate sanitation guidelines.

After the inspection, chicken as much as five months old were found in the outlet. The outlet has been temporarily shut and other KFC outlets are being inspected.

“We came here after we received a complaint. We were told that worms were found in the chicken by the customer who informed us. When we inspected the place, we found worms in the fried chicken. This outlet has temporarily been shut down,” Thiruvananthapuram district officer, Food Safety Authority, Sivakumar said.

The complaint was made by Shaiju, an NRI, who had come to the busy eatery along with his wife, son and two relatives. Shaiju was overcome by nausea and vomited as soon as he saw the dead worm in the chicken served to him.

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>



Answer the following:- *